ENJAKOTH中文
News / Liam Gallagher Shoots Down Oasis Glastonbur…
Show

Liam Gallagher Shoots Down Oasis Glastonbury 2027 Headline Rumors

Published ·
Liam Gallagher Shoots Down Oasis Glastonbury 2027 Headline Rumors

Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher has flatly denied the band will headline Glastonbury Festival in 2027, firing off an expletive-laden reply on X after bookmakers dropped Oasis's odds to 4/1 to top the bill. Responding to an Oasis fan account that shared the betting news, Gallagher wrote "It's not happening" and told "flag wavers" to calm down. According to Far Out Magazine, he doubled down in a follow-up reply to another fan, describing a dream where he was mobbed on the Glastonbury stage by fans carrying flags.

Three Headliners Locked In — No Madonna, No Queen

Earlier this month, Glastonbury organizer Emily Eavis, daughter of festival founder Michael Eavis, ruled out another rumored headliner, Madonna, saying "It's definitely not Madonna" and confirming that all three headline slots are already set and planning is going smoothly. That comment briefly fueled speculation that Oasis's odds had improved — a theory Gallagher's denial now undercuts.

Separately, Queen guitarist Brian May told the Daily Mail he has turned down a Glastonbury slot, citing a disagreement with organizers over badger culling policy. He said he won't perform unless that changes.

Glastonbury is sitting out this summer for a scheduled fallow year to let Worthy Farm recover, with the festival returning in June 2027. Other names floated for the headline slots include Harry Styles and Sam Fender, neither of whom has previously headlined the Pyramid Stage.

Knebworth Reopens the Question of a New Oasis Tour

While a Pyramid Stage set looks off the table, Oasis has other large-scale moves in play. SJM Concerts, the promoter behind the band's 2025 reunion tour, obtained an indefinite venue license for Knebworth House from North Hertfordshire Council on August 1. Per BBC reporting, the license permits events with a capacity of up to 125,000 and allows live music until 3am.

It hasn't been confirmed whether this points to an Oasis return to Knebworth, but reports of an imminent new tour announcement have gone undenied by the band. Gallagher himself has discussed touring plans on X, calling it "the opposite of a farewell tour."

Event Info

Original coverage (Chinese): https://www.artists.tw/news/liam-gallagher-oasis-glastonbury-2027/
← All articles

Weekly newsletter

The week's music news, standout shows and ticket on-sales — one email.

One email a week. Unsubscribe anytime — every email has a one-click link.